get fit. have fun. be well.
what’s it all about
It’s never too late to take charge of your health. I have noticed that even small changes can make a big difference. I teach and empower women to reach their health and fitness goals, to become fit, energised and happy in three main ways:
- Nia – a holistic fitness dance class that’s joyous, playful and mindful all at the same time
- Juicing and Smoothie Workshops for Vitality and Longevity – practical ideas and inspiration to improve wellbeing including delicious recipes for green juices, smoothies, nut milks, and lots more.
- Healthy Weight Loss Program – personal coaching to permanently lose up to 10lbs in one month
Nia is based on the Pleasure Principle and a philosophy called The Body’s Way. By design, Nia helps your body move the way it is meant to, honoring your skeleton, your muscles, connective tissue, and everything else! By design, it makes you stronger.
Nia also makes you more comfortable in your body, while at the same time being energizing, creative, and healing.
I started teaching Nia in 2007 and have never grown tired of it. It’s endlessly creative in the movements and also in the way music is used to guide us through a landscape of movement and exploration that leaves us feeling stronger, more flexible, relaxed and happy. You should try it!
Here’s a BBC 3 Counties Radio Health Show interview from 17th April 2016. I was interviewed by Nana Akua about Nia and my book Eat Dance Shine, with Foreword by Debbie Rosas, founder of Nia.
Listen to the 8 minute interview here:
We love having new people in class because we love sharing this fun, fantastic workout. It’s not like anything you’ve ever done in the fitness arena before. At the very least, you will find it interesting. At the very best, you will find it life changing.
Nia is fitness for every part of your Body, Mind, Spirit and Emotions.
The first fusion fitness program of its kind, Nia is inspired by:
- Dance Arts – Jazz, Modern, Duncan
- Martial Arts – Aikido, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi
- Healing Arts – Yoga, the work of Moshe Feldenkrais, The Alexander Technique
Nia blends a range of rhythmic music styles with carefully choreographed hour-long routines for Every Body and fitness level.
Discover the power and joy of this creative and energizing fitness class. Here’s a VIDEO taste of Nia , 29 seconds worth watching.
By sensing movement in the moment, being expressed and enjoying yourself all in one class, in a safe environment, without judgement, you are able to get fit, lose weight, build muscle and feel well. Students are happy to come back year after year, some student, twice or even three times a week.
Here’s what student Sophia Smith, Reflexologist, Doula and Healer says: “I can’t find adequate words to express how precious Nia has become for me over the past 6 or 7 years since I joined your class. Every Monday is an unmissable date in my otherwise very full diary, a real treat and so much more! I still yearn to be able to fit in two classes a week….” and “As a therapist and healer, well, I rate the class as a stand alone form of holistic therapy, no less, and as such I often recommend it to my clients.
I have found that my energy levels, stamina and suppleness have increased, and it’s not only because of “lots of sweaty movement” per se: it’s the joy that infuses most of the movements you take us through, with a lot of variety, and space for personal improvisation too, many different musical moods and dancing styles.“
And Storyteller Danyah Miller says “I just loved this routine (Soul) and can still feel the joy. I will be back next week to taste a little more of it. Thank you from bringing this delight into our village and our lives x”
Nia student Lynette Malitski, age 80 says “I really enjoyed this morning’s Nia session and found I had enough oomph to last 45 minutes…..the music and movement take me to another plane and the feeling of wellbeing lasts throughout the day. Look forward to next week.”
Regular classes, great results!
Having taught Biology and Health Education in schools for 15 years, and given lectures, ongoingly leading Green Nutrition workshops and one to one Healthy Living coaching, I was ready to move into teaching Nia fitness class, when I read about it in an American Health Magazine. Ever since I can remember, I have been passionate about prevention, about health and fitness. However, I never liked to go to the gym. As a mother of 3, I realized that I needed, more than ever, to start exercising very regularly, just like I brush my teeth very regularly! I needed to lose weight and get fit, be more supple. I was looking for a fitness class that would not feel like hard work, that I could happily stick to for years and years. Simply by reading the Nia article I knew that it was for me; within 6 months I was trained and teaching Nia in Kings Langley, near Watford, Hertfordshire.
That was 9 years ago. Now I am fitter than I was in my 20’s, I have dropped 2 sizes in clothes, have more muscle definition than I ever dreamed of – (no bingo wings!) and I am so much more comfortable and aware of my body and how I use it every day; literally “Dancing Through Life”.
Juicing and Smoothie making workshops for Vitality and Longevity
If you have any ambition to make and drink vegetable juices daily providing a blast of easy-to-digest and absorb nutrients that may help you to feel better, think better, look better and sleep better, then, step one – I recommend you find a prominent place for your juicer on the kitchen counter. Half to one pint of green juice is a wonderfully nutritious boost to the beginning of the day. If you really want to go for it…have a green juice twice a day. But most important is to start the day right with the balancing effect of a green drink packed with bio-available nutrients. Helps to reduce cravings, avoid the sinking feeling mid-morning and generally starts to improve your whole digestive system. Ideally leave out any sweet fruit like apple. Fruit juices do not do a balanced job. Too much sugar in one concentrated hit tends also to reawaken cravings for sweet things. Only you know how well you handle a bit of fruit sugar, all depends on your level of health and activity. I used to add half an apple, but happy to say I now prefer it without. Body is happier too. And the lemon and ginger give it an interesting twist.
Date and details of next Juice and Smoothie Workshop
Interested in Michele’s favourite Green Juice recipe? click here
Vegetable juices with a high proportion of green, leafy plants, high in chlorophyll, do a wonderful job of alkalizing the body’s fluids (see last blog – pee H) I am beginning to see the benefits – more energy to go for it in Nia classes, deeper sleep, clear skin, less aches and pains, clear sinuses….I am loving my daily green drinks, and also the sense that I am really taking good care of myself.
If you are ready to take your body, your fitness and your wellbeing to another level, make it a reality… rather than a nice ‘one day’ wish, come and join the dance classes in Kings Langley, Abbots Langley and Chipperfield.
Healthy Weight Loss Program
This plan is about losing weight (up to 10 pounds) in one month and sustaining the new weight, achieving your health and fitness goals for the month, being held accountable, being empowered, and sensing ease. It consists of 4 x one-2-one coaching sessions in my kitchen for one hour as well as email check-ins. Designed to be flexible and tailor-made for your needs and lifestyle.
During one month you will have 4 x coaching meetings with Michele.
What clients say about working with Michele on weight loss
- After 6 weeks Sue said: “I was eating and drinking far to much and needed help. I felt sluggish, tired and over weight. I decided to do a one month ‘healthy weight loss program’ with Michele. It was amazing and I lost 10lbs in 4 weeks. My energy has returned and I have got my ‘sparkle’ back; I feel much more in control of my life. Michele really helped and motivated me and gave me the confidence and understanding to continue with my healthy eating program on my own. I cannot imagine ever going back to my old way of eating!”
- Another client Debbie Gilbert said: “I want to share a recommendation for Michele Kaye . I have had 2 appointments so far for some advice and support as I have an auto immune disease, thyroid problems and dysbiosis. Her support, ideas and advice has been truly amazing and she weighed me today and I have lost 6lbs in 2 weeks. So that is also a plus. She has so much knowledge but also calm and kind- would highly recommend her for any nutritional advice and her juicing workshops are brilliant.”
- Janet said “Working with Michele with her gentle support I have lost 4 stone over the year. Michele does it without judgement and is very encouraging. She is also realistic with your personal lifestyle such as lunches out, and can help make that work”
Call me, Michele on 07786 172407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your Nia class, Juicing and Smoothie Workshop or Healthy Weight Loss Program.